Provide environmental engineering services to assist the Posillico Materials Facilities to approve material into various facilities in NY/NJ and to help manage the movement of materials out of the facilities.
The Environmental Engineer of Engineering Services is an integral part of a fast-paced department working on development projects of new industrial facilities and new real estate developments through affiliate companies. Engineering Services supports all aspects of Posillico facilities including obtaining all related town and environmental permits and ensuring all compliance aspects of these permits are performed. This position will assist senior management in project management, design and survey of projects. Strong opportunity for upward mobility and rapid growth within the various divisions of the company.
- Main responsibilities will be to manage and approve the waste profiles/applications and environmental data associated with applications to move solid and contaminated wastes into the Posillico facilities. Specific requirements will include knowledge in the following areas:
- NYSDEC Part 375 Soil Cleanup levels
- NYSDEC Part 360 Solid Waste Rules
- NJDEP Soil Cleanup Standards
o Serving in the capacity as (or training to be) a Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) with the ability render professional judgements and to develop professional opinions and conclusions regarding the presence of contaminants in subsurface settings is a plus.
- Basic RCRA hazardous material management
- Understand environmental analytical sampling reports
- In order to fully understand the waste profile/applications the candidate should have the following knowledge:
- Due diligence experience (Phase I/II)
o Environmental sampling experience and the ability to understand the associated laboratory deliverables are required
o Basic environmental compliance experience, RCRA familiarity, Brownfields experience, remediation design
· Secondary Skills that would be helpful for the position include:
o Database management (ability to create database for all applications reviewed)
o Understanding the soil brokering business
o Wastewater treatment plant familiarity
o The ability to assist the Engineering Serviced Department with various environmental permitting and compliance work associated with the facilities (2 asphalt plants, 4 concrete recycling facilities, 1 repair shop, 1 clean fill reclamation facility and 1 Brownfield remediation site).
· Must possess the ability to multi-task and have strong organizational skills
· Verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position
· Ability to performed effectively in a fast paced environment; able to accurately process written documents, perform duties in a timely manner, be highly organized and able to interface; communicate effectively with company, clients and field personnel at all levels
· Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer, or equivalent experience in related field
· 3-6 years’ experience
· Computer experience required:
o MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Project
Reports to: Senior Environmental Engineer
Location: Farmingdale, NY
Business Unit: Engineering Services
Resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org